Why Choose a Catholic Funeral
As Catholics we are blessed with the promise of life everlasting. To be with our Lord in Heaven, we are baptized, follow His word, and keep Him in our hearts throughout our journey on earth. At death, we trust our bodies to a sacred Catholic funeral, to be prepared for the Resurrection. Because we know God created us in His own image and likeness, we honor our bodies with respect and dignity, in life and in death.
With the Catholic funeral Mass, our Church and family pray for the souls of the deceased, in hopes that God will prepare a place for them in His fullness and light. We pray also to provide condolence and comfort to those left behind.
For more than 100 years, it has been the sacred duty of Catholic Cemeteries and Funeral Homes to care for families in their time of need. When a death occurs, or you are ready to preplan a Catholic funeral, we’ll be here to comfort and serve you.
The Catholic funeral affirms many sacred beliefs, including:
- The sanctity of all human life
- The dignity of the person
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ and of his faithful followers
- Death is an occasion to comfort, grieve and embrace human mortality
- The respect that is to be shown for the bodies of the dead
- The importance of remembering the dead and offering prayers for them
- The need for the Church to provide a ministry of consolation to those who mourn